If you think there's no team in the NBA that can beat the Golden State Warriors in 2016-17, put some money down and become a very, very rich person.
The online sportsbook, 5Dimes, has released odds on the Warriors' upcoming season, including: the odds of Golden State going undefeated in the regular season, the odds of Golden State going undefeated in the playoffs and the odds of Golden State going undefeated in both the regular season and the playoffs.
Here are those odds:
- Going 82-0 in the regular season: +11000 (bet $100 to win $11,000)
- Going 16-0 in the playoffs: +3000 (bet $100 to win $3,000)
- Going 98-0 over the course of the regular season and playoffs: +22500 (bet $100 to win $22,500)
If not, there are other prop bets to make on the Warriors' upcoming season.
- Losing at least one game in the regular season or playoffs: -67500 (bet $67,500 to win $100)
- Losing at least one game in the regular season: -33000 (bet $33,000 to win $100)
- Losing at least one game in the playoffs: -11000 (bet $11,000 to win $100)
The best bet here is probably to throw down some money on the Warriors going undefeated in the playoffs. No NBA team has ever done it, but the 2001 Lakers did come close, going 15-1. It's possible Golden State rests its players a decent amount in the regular season and then just dominates the playoffs.