Pence received plenty of attention.
The opening ceremony of the 2018 Winter Olympics kicked off on Friday morning. Although the ceremony wasn't televised in the U.S. until Friday night on NBC.
During the opening ceremony for the Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea, United States Vice President Mike Pence made headlines. Pence reportedly chose not to stand for the combined Korean team's entrance.
His decision to stand for just the United States' national anthem caused quite the stir. Pence was seated in a box with a number of South Korea's leaders.
The Associated Press has more:
The White House official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said Pence stood only for the U.S. team, despite other people in the box standing and applauding when athletes from the two Koreas walked in together. The games are taking place amid an international standoff over North Korea's nuclear weapons.
The controversy, of course, stems from Pence's stance on NFL players kneeling for the national anthem. "I don't think it's too much to ask NFL players to respect the Flag and our National Anthem" Pence said earlier this year.
The vice president walked out of an Indianapolis Colts game during the 2017 season after witnessing several players protesting during the anthem.
Many believe Pence's actions during the opening ceremony were hypocritical, given his stance on the anthem during the NFL season. To be clear, there are many on both sides of this argument.
ESPN's Jemele Hill also chimed in on the argument.