Skip to main content

ESPN's 2nd Half Prediction For The Cowboys-Falcons Game

A Dallas Cowboys helmet sitting on the field.

ARLINGTON, TX - NOVEMBER 05: A Dallas Cowboys helmet at AT&T Stadium on November 5, 2017 in Arlington, Texas. (Photo by Ronald Martinez/Getty Images)

Following an upset victory over the Philadelphia Eagles last Sunday, the Dallas Cowboys came into today with momentum on their side. Unfortunately, the first half against the Atlanta Falcons hasn't gone well for the illustrious franchise.

Outside of Ezekiel Elliott, the Cowboys haven't moved the chains on offense. Through one half of play, Dak Prescott has just 73 passing yards against a putrid defense.

While head coach Jason Garrett is searching for answers on that side of the ball, he definitely has to appreciate his defense's performance. Despite facing Julio Jones, Matt Ryan and Tevin Coleman, the Cowboys have only gave up six points.

Nonetheless, Atlanta leads 6-3 over Dallas heading into the second half of play.

Can the Cowboys come back in the second half? ESPN doesn't think so.

ESPN's Football Power Index is giving the Dallas Cowboys a 37.2 percent chance of winning this game, giving the Atlanta Falcons a 62.8 percent chance of holding on for the victory.

A win probability chart for Cowboys vs. Falcons.

With the NFC East up for grabs, winning this game is imperative for the Cowboys.

The second half is available on FOX.