Spring football is officially in the books, meaning the countdown to the 2022 regular season is on.
Last year, Alabama added some major hardware to the trophy case when Bryce Young won the Heisman. He returns for what's expected to be a big 2022 campaign for the Crimson Tide.
However, he's not the favorite to win the prestigious award again.
Ohio State quarterback C.J. Stroud is the current favorite to win the 2022 Heisman Trophy, according to FanDuel's latest odds. He put up elite stats last season, throwing for 4,435 yards and 44 touchdowns with six picks. Ohio State went 11-2 with the former four-star recruit under center last year.
Here's a look at the list:
- CJ Stroud, QB, Ohio State (+200)
- Bryce Young, QB, Alabama (+400)
- Caleb Williams, QB, USC (+1200)
- DJ Uiagalelei, QB, Clemson (+3000)
- Tyler Van Dyke, QB, Miami (+3000)
- Jaxson Dart, QB, Ole Miss (+3000)
- Quinn Ewers, QB, Texas (+4000)
- Kedon Slovis, QB, Pitt (+4000)
- Dillon Gabriel, QB, Oklahoma (+4000)
It's shaping up to be at two-player battle between Stroud and Young for the Heisman. But watch out for Caleb Williams.
The Oklahoma transfer could put up massive numbers in the USC offense this upcoming season. Most Pac-12 defenses aren't exactly anything to write home about, outside of potentially Oregon and Utah. Those two teams could end up being the Trojans' only challengers to win the conference.
Who do you think will win the 2022 Heisman Trophy?