Skip to main content

Paolo Banchero Makes Decision On Duke: NBA World Reacts

Duke basketball star Paolo Banchero shoots a free throw.

NEW YORK, NY - NOVEMBER 09: Paolo Banchero #5 of the Duke Blue Devils concentrates at the free throw line against the Kentucky Wildcats in the second half of the State Farm Champions Classic at Madison Square Garden on November 9, 2021 in New York City. (Photo by Lance King/Getty Images)

Duke freshman star Paolo Banchero is officially one-and-done.

On Wednesday, the Blue Devils leading scorer announced his decision to enter the NBA Draft on Twitter. The video reflected on Duke's season, Coach K's last year and thanked the Cameron Crazies and his teammates.

The basketball world reacted to P5's announcement across social media. "Paolo Banchero declares for the NBA," tweeted a Duke basketball account.

"THANK YOU PAOLO," a Blue Devils fan replied in all-caps.

"I’m with you 5!" another fan said.

"Paolo Out," tweeted Stadium analyst Jeff Goodman.

"Good luck P5, go ball out in the NBA!!" another Duke fan commented.

"Thank you P5," replied another. "Firmly believe he’s gonna be one of our best pro’s up there with Jayson Tatum and Kyrie."

"Man, I would *love* for him to be around when the Spurs pick in the draft," said Michael Board.

"Killers kill," commented a Duke blogger.

"One of my favorite Blue Devils ever man. Already. Go be great."

"Paolo was great all year but what he did in the tournament man was special. Top 5 O&D at Duke ever for me," tweeted another Cameron Crazy.

"Potential No. 1 overall pick Paolo Banchero is officially entering his name into the NBA Draft," said Orlando Magic Daily.

The 6-10 forward is currently projected as a lottery pick and has been likened to Julis Randle and Juwan Howard as far as NBA comps.