LeBron James did not hold back while celebrating the first pro championship for the city of Cleveland in 52 years. During today’s parade, the Finals MVP delivered an epic 16 minute speech off the cuff, touching on every one of his teammates and delivering some very interesting anecdotes. Of note:
- LeBron takes a few not-so-subtle jabs at the Knicks when discussing former New York players J.R. Smith, Iman Shumpert, and Timofey Mozgov.
- Some pretty open discussion of Kevin Love’s struggles, and a relationship between the two stars that has been contentious at times. He also goes into great detail about Love’s impressive late stop of Steph Curry, which helped seal the game seven win. In praising Love’s defense, he also takes a swipe at Curry’s status as two-time MVP.
- The revelation that Iman Shumpert played through last year’s finals with a partially torn groin and shoulder.
- The fact that DeAndre Jordan resigning with the Clippers allowed the Cavaliers to pick up Richard Jefferson
- LeBron would take Matthew Dellavedova over a bear in a fight
The full speech, which features some very colorful language, is definitely worth a watch for any basketball fan. Here it is, courtesy of FOX 10 Phoenix:
MORE FROM COLLEGE SPUN: