Even without a Super Bowl ring, Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton is the NFL Network's best player of 2016.
Last season was more than just the Year of the Dab for Carolina's starting QB. Newton proved himself as a dual-threat quarterback, one with an incredible arm as well as size and athleticism of an NFL tight end. He accounted for 45 total touchdowns (35 passing, 10 rushing) in 2015 as the unquestioned leader of the Panthers offense, making him the first player in NFL history to exceed 30. Voted MVP for the season, Newton helped Carolina earn a 15-1 regular season mark, an NFC Championship and an appearance to Super Bowl 50.
">July 7, 2016
The rest of the NFL Network's Top 10 Players of 2016 includes:
2. Tom Brady (New England Patriots)
3. J.J. Watt (Houston Texans)
4. Antonio Brown (Pittsburgh Steelers)
5. Adrian Peterson (Minnesota Vikings)
6. Aaron Rodgers (Green Bay Packers)
7. Luke Kuechly (Carolina Panthers)
8. Julio Jones (Atlanta Falcons)
9. Rob Gronkowski (New England Patriots)
10. Odell Beckham Jr. (New York Giants)
The annual Top 100 list is voted on by players throughout the league.
Do you think the NFL Network got it right? Who's in your top 10?