We're coming up on the Rio Olympics next week, and Team USA is busy staying very loose on their quest for gold. While on the team plane, DeMarcus Cousins, DeMar Derozen, and Draymond Green all posted videos to social media of the team deep into a hilarious song.
Team USA's song of choice? Vanessa Carlton's 2001 hit "A Thousand Miles."
">July 30, 2016
The two ringleaders of the singalong appear to be guards Jimmy Butler and Kyrie Irving. Elder statesman Carmelo Anthony, on the other hand, isn't with it at all. Don't try to argue that you don't like that Vanessa Carlton song, Carmelo. You were in high school in 2001, you definitely like that song.
Team USA has one last warm-up game in Houston against Nigera before they head down to Rio. The Olympics kick off on August 5. The team's full roster:
- Carmelo Anthony (New York Knicks)
- Harrison Barnes (Dallas Mavericks)
- Jimmy Butler (Chicago Bulls)
- DeMarcus Cousins (Sacramento Kings)
- DeMar Derozen (Toronto Raptors)
- Kevin Durant (Golden State Warriors)
- Paul George (Indiana Pacers)
- Draymond Green (Golden State Warriors)
- Kyrie Irving (Cleveland Cavaliers)
- DeAndre Jordan (Los Angeles Clippers)
- Kyle Lowry (Toronto Raptors)
- Klay Thompson (Golden State Warriors)
The team is coached by Duke's Mike Krzyzewski, with Syracuse's Jim Boeheim, Minnesota Timberwolves head coach Tom Thibodeau, and former New Orleans Pelicans head coach Monty Williams.
Team USA won the gold medal in 2008 and 2012, and won the FIBA World Cup in 2010 and 2014. This Golden State Warriors-tinged team aims to give the U.S. its third straight gold. The 1992, 1996, and 2000 Olympics teams last achieved that feat. Team USA took home bronze in 2004, breaking the streak, leading to Mike Krzyzewski's tenure as head coach.