Skip to main content

ESPN Is Reportedly Done With LaVar Ball - For Now, Anyway

LaVar Ball giving a smile to the camera.

NEW YORK, NY - JUNE 22: LaVar Ball, father of Lonzo Ball, looks on during the first round of the 2017 NBA Draft at Barclays Center on June 22, 2017 in New York City. (Photo by Mike Stobe/Getty Images)

Finally, it seems like ESPN has reached its limit with LaVar Ball. We may have seen the last of the brash blowhard on ESPN air.

According to The Athletic's Richard Deitsch, Ball will no longer be a guest on any ESPN platform moving forward. This could always change, but for now, it looks like LaVar is being ditched.

This decision comes after Ball made an inappropriate comment to host/moderator Molly Qerim during an appearance on First Take earlier this week. The network first responded to Ball's comment via statement.

“LaVar Ball’s comment to Molly Qerim Rose was completely inappropriate and we made him aware of that,” ESPN said, per TMZ Sports.

We're guilty of perpetuating the cycle of LaVar as much as anyone--he says something outrageous on TV, we write about, rinse and repeat--but good on ESPN if they actually stick to their guns here. It might be too little too late, considering they helped create this monster, but at least it would be addressing the problem.

At first, LaVar's shtick was occasionally funny. Now, it has more than worn out its welcome.

No one needs to hear what this guy has to say anymore.