Skip to main content

LaVar Ball Has A New Message For ESPN's Molly Qerim

LaVar Ball wearing a Big Baller Brand tie.

NEW YORK, NY - JUNE 22: LaVar Ball, father of Lonzo Ball, looks on during the first round of the 2017 NBA Draft at Barclays Center on June 22, 2017 in New York City. (Photo by Mike Stobe/Getty Images)

LaVar Ball has responded to his reported ban from appearing on ESPN following his controversial appearance on First Take earlier in the week.

Lonzo Ball's father drew criticism for a comment he made in response to a question from host Molly Qerim while discussing the Lakers-Pelicans trade.

Qerim asked LaVar if they could switch gears in the conversation. He responded that she can switch gears with him "anytime."

ESPN has reportedly responded to these comments by announcing that the network has no plans on putting LaVar back on the air.

A Twitter user caught up with Ball this weekend and asked him about the situation.

"How am I going to be banned? I don’t work for them. Said I’m going to banned from ESPN? I got my own show," he said.

"I don’t even have to respond to that on the fact that I meant no sexual intent on the fact that ‘switch gears’ means changing topics to me. Her mind in the gutter if she thinking something else. Only time I hit on her is if she’s breaking into my house and I mistake her for the Boogeyman."

ESPN had previously released the following statement on his appearance.

“LaVar Ball’s comment to Molly Qerim Rose was completely inappropriate and we made him aware of that,” ESPN said.