Skip to main content

ESPN's Prediction For Tonight's Clippers-Lakers Game

Anthony Davis and LeBron James prepare for a Lakers game.

SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA - OCTOBER 05: Anthony Davis (right) #3 stands next to LeBron James #23 of the Los Angeles Lakers during the National Anthem before their game against the Golden State Warriors at Chase Center on October 05, 2019 in San Francisco, California. (Photo by Ezra Shaw/Getty Images)

The NBA is officially back. Toronto and Golden State may have been the league's top two teams last season. But now, it's all about Los Angeles.

The Lakers and Clippers have reloaded, adding some of the NBA's top players. Many experts predict it doesn't matter who comes out of the Eastern Conference — the 2019-20 NBA Finals winner will reside in LA.

On Tuesday night, we'll get our first look at the two teams on the court together. ESPN has released its final prediction for the game.

The Matchup Predictor is anticipating a Clippers win. ESPN gives the Clippers a 62.7% chance to win, as opposed to just 37.3% for the Lakers. 

Vegas is expecting a Lakers win, though. Lebron James' squad is a 3.5-point favorite entering tonight's contest.

ESPN's prediction is a bit surprising considering Paul George will not play in tonight's game. But this may speak to the Clippers' depth and overall talent.

For the Lakers, both AD and LeBron will play. But SF Kyle Kuzma is being held out due to a foot injury.

It'll be interesting to see how both teams adjust with so many new players taking the court. Staples Center will be rocking tonight.

Clippers-Lakers tips off at 10:30 p.m. ET on TNT.