Who are the highest-paid coaches in college basketball? USA TODAY has the answer.
The news outlet has compiled its annual coaches salary database. The names at the top of the list won't surprise you (well, one might, actually).
Duke's Mike Krzyzewski is the highest-paid coach in the country this season. The Blue Devils' coach is making almost $9 million.
Ohio State first-year head coach Chris Holtmann is actually the country's third-highest paid head coach. He's making north of $7 million.
Holtmann's "salary" is misleading, though. He's not actually taking home $7 million. Part of that $7 million includes his buyout at Butler, which Ohio State had to pay. So, technically, it counts, but he's not really the country's third-highest paid coach.
"Holtmann's eight-year contract with Ohio State, which was finalized earlier this month and obtained through an open records request by cleveland.com, will actually pay him about $2.7 million in annual compensation," reports cleveland.com.
Here's the full list:
The 10 Highest-Paid Coaches In College Basketball
1. Duke's Mike Krzyzewski - $8.9 million
2. Kentucky's John Calipari - $7.9 million
3. Ohio State's Chris Holtmann - $7.1 million
4. Kansas' Bill Self - $4.9 million
5. Michigan State's Tom Izzo - $4.3 million
6. Arizona's Sean Miller - $4 million
7. West Virginia's Bob Huggins - $3.7 million
8. Utah's Larry Krystkowiak - $3.4 million
9. Michigan's John Beilein - $3.3 million
10. Indiana's Archie Miller - $3.2 million
You can view the full database here.