Skip to main content

Tiger Woods Arrested For A DUI Early This Morning

The star golfer was reportedly arrested for a DUI early this morning.

Tiger Woods was arrested early this morning.

The 41-year-old golfer, who's currently recovering from back surgery, was arrested for a DUI in Jupiter, Fla., where he lives.

Woods was reportedly booked shortly after 7 a.m. E.T.

Here's the police report:

A photo of Tiger Woods' arrest record.

According to police records, Woods was taken into custody shortly after 3 a.m. on Military Trail South of Indian Creek Parkway and released from jail shortly after 10 a.m.

Woods has been sidelined from the PGA Tour for a couple of months with back injuries and he's not expected to play again this year.

The 14-time Major champion recently said following his surgery that he hasn't felt this good in years. He wrote the following post on his website.

It has been just over a month since I underwent fusion surgery on my back, and it is hard to express how much better I feel. It was instant nerve relief. I haven’t felt this good in years.

I could no longer live with the pain I had. We tried every possible non-surgical route and nothing worked. I had good days and bad days, but the pain was usually there, and I couldn’t do much. Even lying down hurt. I had nerve pain with anything I did and was at the end of my rope. The process leading up to my decision to have surgery was exhaustive. I consulted with a specialist, and after weighing my options, that’s when I decided to go to Texas to have surgery.

He didn't give a timetable on a possible return to the course, though.

As for returning to competitive golf, the long-term prognosis is positive. My surgeon and physiotherapist say the operation was successful. It’s just a matter of not screwing up and letting it fuse. I’m walking and doing my exercises, and taking my kids to and from school. All I can do is take it day by day. There’s no hurry.

This post will be updated when more details come out.