Want to work for Jim Harbaugh? Now is your chance. Michigan's head football coach is hiring an assistant.
The Wolverines' football program needs a new "executive assistant to the head football coach." The position has been listed on indeed.com.
The job will require you to "assist the football coach in all areas, including day-to-day operations, scheduling, internal and external communications, office management and administration."
Here are the responsibilities:
- Assists the Head Football Coach in all areas, including day-to-day operations, scheduling, internal and external communications, office management and administration.
- Maintain, edit and disseminate head coach calendar.
- Responsible for all logistics and scheduling for head coach travel.
- Maintain head coach’s personal and professional contacts.
- Assist in event planning for all football functions.
- Plan and facilitate all VIP, donor and guest appointments.
- Produce content needed by head coach for team meetings and/or staff meetings.
- Assist with all correspondence, distribution, replies and filing.
- Assist head coach with personal appearances and off-season engagements.
- Complete special projects as assigned by head coach, including family engagements.
- Administratively report to the Associate Athletic Director for Football.
Here are the qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years related experience in NCAA or NFL football administration.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative thinking and ability to think on their feet.
- Compliance/understanding of Big Ten and NCAA rules.
- Must be able to establish and maintain positive working relationships with athletic department staff, coaches and student-athletes.
- Must possess outstanding interpersonal and communication skills - verbal and written; excellent problem analysis and problem-solving skills; attention to detail and accuracy; outstanding customer service orientation; adaptability; initiative; and stress tolerance.
- Ability to travel with football team and head coach.
- Ability to work weekends during competitive season(s). On-call availability.
The job was posted three days ago. It says it will be posted for a minimum of seven days. So, you've got a couple of days to get your cover letter and resume together if you're interested.
You can check out the job here.