Skip to main content

What The Bengals Reportedly Told The Dolphins About No. 1 Pick

Zac Taylor speaking to the media at a Cincinnati Bengals press conference.

CINCINNATI, OH - FEBRUARY 05: Zac Taylor speaks to the media after being introduced as the new head coach for the Cincinnati Bengals at Paul Brown Stadium on February 5, 2019 in Cincinnati, Ohio. (Photo by Joe Robbins/Getty Images)

When the NFL Draft begins later tonight, the Cincinnati Bengals will be the first team on the clock. Just about everyone in the sports world believes that former LSU quarterback Joe Burrow will be the pick.

Per usual, the team with the top pick in the draft received plenty of calls about a trade. Clearly though, the Bengals didn't receive an offer worth taking this offseason.

ESPN insider Adam Schefter revealed what the Bengals told the Dolphins when they asked about potentially trading out of the No. 1 spot on the draft board. To make a long story short, the Dolphins were told no.

Miami owns a trio of first-round picks in this year's draft, so it's very possible that Cincinnati could have landed an incredible haul for the top pick. However, it would also mean that Burrow would no longer be on the table for Cincinnati.

The Dolphins could plenty of moves this draft since they have an abundance of picks.

Reports emerged earlier this week about Miami moving up the board for an offensive tackle. As for Cincinnati, it appears that Burrow will become the new face of the franchise.

Coverage for this year's draft begins at 8 p.m. ET on ESPN.