Skip to main content

ESPN's Final Prediction For Monday Night's Dolphins-Steelers Game

A general view of the Pittsburgh Steelers stadium.

PITTSBURGH, PA - SEPTEMBER 7: A general view during the game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Cleveland Browns at Heinz Field on September 7, 2014 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. (Photo by Justin K. Aller/Getty Images)

This week's edition of Monday Night Football features two struggling teams. The 2-4 Pittsburgh Steelers host the 0-6 Miami Dolphins.

Both teams are attempting to salvage any aspect of their season possible. For the Steelers, a long tradition of tough-nosed defenses and explosive offenses has been hampered by injuries and off-season transitions this year.

Perhaps a win against the Dolphins would help the organization get back on the right track.

The win-less Dolphins are expected to finish the season with the least wins in the NFL. But quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick has a knack for surprising football fans. He'll have a chance to do so on Monday Night Football.

ESPN has released its final prediction for the Dolphins-Steelers game. Its Matchup Predictor projects a Steelers' win, as Pittsburgh is given a 90.5 percent win probability. Miami has just a 9.5 percent chance of winning, according to the Football Power Index

Looks like tonight's contest may be a lopsided one. Vegas agrees.

The current spread pins the Steelers as 14-point favorites. The over/under is set at 43.5.

Heinz Field has always been a tough place to play. Pittsburgh fans are known to be some of the most raucous in all of sports. Fitzpatrick and the Dolphins will have to stay composed if they hope to pull off an upset tonight.

Dolphins-Steelers kicks off at 8:15 p.m. ET on ESPN.