Skip to main content

ESPN's Final Prediction For Tonight's Jaguars-Titans Game

Derrick Henry takes a hand-off from Marcus Mariota.

NASHVILLE, TN - DECEMBER 2: Marcus Mariota #8 of the Tennessee Titans hands off the ball to Derrick Henry at Nissan Stadium on December 2, 2018 in Nashville, Tennessee. (Photo by Frederick Breedon/Getty Images)

Thursday Night Football returns tonight for Week 3. We have an AFC South matchup between the Tennessee Titans and Jacksonville Jaguars.

If it feels like we get Jaguars-Titans on Thursday night every year, it's because we basically do. This will be the fifth time in the last six seasons the Jags and Titans have met in prime time to kick off an NFL week.

The last time it happened was in Week 14 of the 2018 season, when Tennessee running back Derrick Henry turned into Jim Brown. Henry rushed for 238 yards and four touchdowns on 17 carries in a blowout Titans win.

Tonight, Tennessee enters the game with a 1-1 record while Jacksonville is 0-2. The AFC South is pretty much wide open right now, so this game is critical for both teams.

ESPN's final prediction for tonight is in. The FPI likes Tennessee on the road.

The Titans have a 61.5% chance of winning, according to ESPN. Jacksonville is at 38.2% while there's 0.3% shot of a tie.

Jaguars-Titans will kick off at 8:20 p.m. ET.

NFL Network will broadcast the action.