Skip to main content

ESPN's Prediction For Texans-Colts Tonight

Houston Texans QB Deshaun Watson throwing a pass against the Miami Dolphins.

HOUSTON, TX - OCTOBER 25: Deshaun Watson #4 of the Houston Texans sets up to pass against the Miami Dolphins in the first quarter at NRG Stadium on October 25, 2018 in Houston, Texas. (Photo by Tim Warner/Getty Images)

Now is the time of the season when things get serious in the NFL. Teams begin to make their push for division titles and playoff spots.

Tonight's Thursday Night Football matchup between the Indianapolis Colts and Houston Texans will have a major impact on the AFC South. Right now, both teams are tied for the division lead with identical 6-4 records.

The Tennessee Titans are right behind at 5-5, and while the Jacksonville Jaguars don't have much room for error at 4-6, they are still in the hunt.

ESPN has released its final prediction for tonight's game. Not surprisingly, the Texans are favored at home.

According to the Football Power Index (FPI), Houston has a 65.4 percent chance of winning. Indianapolis is at 34.3 percent, with a 0.3 percent shot the game ends in a tie.

These two teams met last month in Indianapolis, with the Colts earning a 30-23 victory. Jacoby Brissett was the star, throwing for 326 yards and four touchdowns, two of them to Zach Pascal. The Colts also intercepted Deshaun Watson twice in that game.

Tonight's game will kick off at 8:20 p.m. ET. You can catch the action on FOX and NFL Network.