With every new Antonio Brown incident, comes a wave of new questions about the wide receiver’s status. That is certainly the case after yet another alleged transgression by Brown.
One of Brown’s sexual misconduct accusers, an unnamed woman who the NFL star previously hired as a painter, sent Sports Illustrated reporter Robert Klemko alleged texts from him. In them, Brown appears to be directing others to probe her background to find out her financial status, and includes pictures of her children.
Brown’s attorney Darren Heitner told Klemko that he did not direct Brown to send the messages. He also appeared to distance himself from that specific situation a bit.
The alleged Brown texts are said to have been sent Wednesday night, just a day before he gave his first (very brief) public comments as a New England Patriot.
In light of all that has happened, the calls for the Pats to cut Brown have intensified. Today, head coach Bill Belichick was so fed up with discussing the situation that he walked out of his press conference after just a few minutes.
After responding to a question about Brown’s status on Sunday against the New York Jets with “he’s on our roster,” Belichick shut down a second question about the controversial receiver with “I’ve already addressed this,” and welcomed “football questions” about the upcoming game.
After a third Brown question, Belichick said “I’m good,” and walked out of the room.
The Patriots and Jets play at 1 p.m. ET on Sunday in Foxborough. It sounds like, as of now at least, Antonio Brown will be active, but Belichick and his staff can’t like the constant news cycle surrounding him.
On Tuesday night, one of the top college basketball recruits in the country announced his commitment. Kristian Lander, the No.…
Former Texas WR Collin Johnson is the latest draft prospect who won't be participating in the NFL Combine this year.…
If Duke wants a shot at winning the ACC regular season and being the No. 1 seed in the conference…