Skip to main content

ESPN Releases Early Prediction For Cowboys-Seahawks Game

A Dallas Cowboys helmet sitting on the field.

ARLINGTON, TX - NOVEMBER 05: A Dallas Cowboys helmet at AT&T Stadium on November 5, 2017 in Arlington, Texas. (Photo by Ronald Martinez/Getty Images)

The Dallas Cowboys and the Seattle Seahawks are set to meet at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas in the first round of the NFL's postseason.

The Cowboys, the NFC East division champions, are hosting the Wild Card Seahawks in what should be the most-intriguing matchup of the playoffs' opening weekend.

Dallas has been named a small favorite for Saturday night's contest.

Will the Cowboys emerge with a victory?

ESPN's Football Power Index has released its early prediction for Saturday's game between Dallas and Seattle. It likes the Cowboys.

ESPN's Football Power Index is giving the Dallas Cowboys a 57.3 percent chance of winning this game, giving the Seattle Seahawks a 42.7 percent chance of winning the contest.

The Cowboys have some momentum heading into Saturday's game, as Dallas is coming off a last-second win over the New York Giants.

There were some who questioned Jason Garrett's decision to play Dak Prescott for the entire contest, but Jerry Jones was a big fan of how things played out.

“I don’t believe you could have drawn that up for our fans or for the players and created a better way to step into the playoffs,” Jones said. “We got a lot of work … A lot of people say, ‘My goodness, you’re starting quarterback playing every snap all the way,’ was a go, but the work he got in there going to all the receivers, having the game he had inspired everybody concerned and we’re a better team, I think, then when we got here this morning. That’s the way you would like to, if you could draw it up, go to the playoffs.”

The Cowboys and the Seahawks will kick off at 8:15 p.m. E.T. on Saturday night.

The game will be on FOX.