Skip to main content

ESPN Releases Early Prediction For Ravens-Chargers Game

Lamar Jackson runs the football for the Baltimore Ravens

BALTIMORE, MD - SEPTEMBER 09: Quarterback Lamar Jackson #8 of the Baltimore Ravens rushes against the Buffalo Bills during the second half at M&T Bank Stadium on September 9, 2018 in Baltimore, Maryland. (Photo by Patrick Smith/Getty Images)

One of the league's best offenses takes on a top defense in the NFL playoffs in this weekend's Ravens-Chargers game.

The Baltimore Ravens secured their spot in the playoffs by winning the AFC North title in their final game of the season. They boast the No. 2 scoring defense and No. 2 yardage defense in the NFL.

The Los Angeles Chargers finished with the AFC's second-best record, 12-4, but could not pry the AFC West division title from the Kansas City Chiefs. The Chargers have the No. 6 scoring offense and the No. 8 scoring defense.

Despite the Chargers' superior record, the sports books are giving the Ravens a 2.5-point betting edge.

ESPN's prediction metric is almost deadlocked as to who will win the game, but slightly favors San Diego.

ESPN’s Football Power Index is giving the Los Angeles Chargers a 50.8 percent chance of winning this game, giving the Baltimore Ravens a 49.2 percent chance of winning the contest.

We won't know for sure who the winner of this game will play in the Divisional Round until after Saturday's Texans-Colts game. But both teams are sure to be a dangerous opponent for the Patriots and Chiefs.

The Ravens and the Chargers will kick off at 1:05 p.m. E.T. on Sunday.

The game will be on CBS.