Well, it sounds like we can rule out at least one team from the Bobby Wagner sweepstakes.
On Tuesday, Dallas Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones commented on the team's interest in the All-Pro linebacker.
Although the Cowboys had interest in Wagner, Jones told reporters that this potential pairing just isn't going to come to fruiton.
"Obviously Dan’s had a history with Bobby and knows him well (so) you look into it," Jones said. "He’s a great, great football player, Hall of Fame-type player. But as it turned out, it didn’t work out with us."
Wagner, 31, is still playing at a high level. This past season, he had 170 combined tackles, five pass breakups, an interception and one sack.
According to NFL writer Peter King, the former Seahawks linebacker is seeking a one-year deal that's worth about $11 million.
Fortunately for Wagner, he still has plenty of contenders interested in him. In fact, he visited the Baltimore Ravens and Los Angeles Rams last week.