Skip to main content

ESPN's 2nd Half Prediction For Cowboys-Patriots

Tom Brady in the first half against the Dallas Cowboys.

FOXBOROUGH, MASSACHUSETTS - NOVEMBER 24: Tom Brady #12 of the New England Patriots reacts during the first half against the Dallas Cowboys in the game at Gillette Stadium on November 24, 2019 in Foxborough, Massachusetts. (Photo by Kathryn Riley/Getty Images)

The New England Patriots and the Dallas Cowboys are battling the elements at Gillette Stadium this evening. The AFC East and NFC East leaders are playing a cold, windy, rainy contest in Foxborough.

So far, the Patriots have battled the elements better. New England is leading Dallas, 10-6, after two quarters of play.

New England got on the board early thanks to a blocked Dallas punt. The Patriots found the end zone a couple of plays later. Tom Brady's offense added a field goal on a later drive, taking a double-digit lead.

The Cowboys battled back with a pair of field goals, though Jason Garrett's team might regret a missed opportunity inside the red zone.

New England had a chance to add points at the end of the half, but missed a field goal for the second time.

ESPN's Football Power Index has updated its prediction for the game.

ESPN's computer likes the New England Patriots to hold on in the second half, giving them a 78.6 percent chance of winning. It gives the Dallas Cowboys a 21.4 percent chance of coming back and winning.

The Cowboys and the Patriots will begin their second half soon.

The game is on FOX.