Skip to main content

ESPN Releases 2nd Half Prediction For Cowboys-Saints

Dak Prescott in the first half against New Orleans Saints.

NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA - SEPTEMBER 29: Dak Prescott #4 of the Dallas Cowboys scrambles out ot the pocket during the first half of a NFL game against the New Orleans Saints at the Mercedes Benz Superdome on September 29, 2019 in New Orleans, Louisiana. (Photo by Sean Gardner/Getty Images)

The undefeated Dallas Cowboys are trailing the New Orleans Saints at halftime of this evening's Sunday Night Football contest on NBC.

The Saints, without quarterback Drew Brees for the foreseeable future, are being led by backup Teddy Bridgewater tonight. New Orleans' offense has capitalized on some good field position following Dallas turnovers. However, the Saints have been unable to reach the end zone.

Alas, neither has Jason Garrett's team.

The Saints are leading the Cowboys, 9-3, following two quarters of play in New Orleans this evening.

ESPN's Football Power Index has updated its prediction for the game.

ESPN's Football Power Index is liking the New Orleans Saints to hold on here. The FPI gives the Saints a 77.7 percent chance of holding on for the win, giving the Cowboys just a 22.3 percent chance of coming back.

The Cowboys will need their offense to start making some plays - and take care of the football - in the second half if they're going to pull this out.

Dallas and New Orleans are set to begin the second half shortly.

The game is on NBC.