Skip to main content

ESPN Releases 2nd Half Prediction For Cowboys-Dolphins

Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott in the first half against Miami.

ARLINGTON, TEXAS - SEPTEMBER 22: Dak Prescott #4 of the Dallas Cowboys hands the ball off to Ezekiel Elliott #21 of the Dallas Cowboys in the first quarter against the Miami Dolphins at AT&T Stadium on September 22, 2019 in Arlington, Texas. (Photo by Tom Pennington/Getty Images)

The Dallas Cowboys came into this afternoon's game against the Miami Dolphins as a 20-point favorite, but two quarters into the game, we've got a tight contest.

The undefeated Cowboys are leading the winless Dolphins, 10-6, heading into halftime at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

Miami has played well, though the Dolphins have made a couple of costly mistakes - including a fumble inside Dallas' 10-yard line near the end of the second quarter - that has allowed the Cowboys to stay in front.

ESPN's Football Power Index has updated its prediction for the second half. ESPN's computer is still confident in the Cowboys.

ESPN's Football Power Index is giving the Cowboys a 91.3 percent chance of winning this game, giving the Dolphins an 8.7 percent chance of pulling off the upset.

Dallas will need quarterback Dak Prescott to be better in the second half. The Cowboys' young QB was just 9 of 20 for 106 yards, one touchdown and one interception in the first half.

The Cowboys and the Dolphins are playing on FOX.