In May, Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott was involved in an incident in Las Vegas, in which he pushed a security guard during an event. The NFL star was handcuffed, but not charged with anything.
After reviewing the situation with the talented player who has had a series of off-field concerns, the NFL has elected not to suspend him. Elliott met with commissioner Roger Goodell ahead of that decision.
TMZ published video of the incident. It occurs about 1:15 into the video, from a music festival in Vegas.
It looked like Elliott had successfully put things behind him. Instead, the security guard in question, Kyle Johnson, is not satisfied with how things have gone.
Johnson has pressed charges against Ezekiel Elliott after the NFL’s decision to not suspend him.
From FOX 5 in Las Vegas:
“I put my hands up and said, ‘hey Zeke, you’re a big man, you’re in the NFL’ that’s all I said to him before he came up to me, bumped me and then shoved me over a metal railing,” said Johnson.
initially, Johnson said he was only seeking a sincere apology from Elliot, but decided to press charges after he says the NFL and Elliot tried to sweep the incident under the rug.
“To not have anything happen to him, the NFL is basically saying it’s okay to go to Vegas, get obliterated and shove people over fences,” said Johnson.
Elliot apologized shortly after the altercation but Johnson said his apology lacked sincerity.
In response, Ezekiel Elliott’s camp has now accused Johnson of attempting to extort him.
Ezekiel Elliott is accusing Kyle Johnson of extortion. Johnson is the security guard from the incident in Las Vegas pic.twitter.com/LKjUio9yzN
— Clarence Hill Jr (@clarencehilljr) July 13, 2019
So far, there aren’t more details on what this alleged extortion attempt entails, but we’re sure to find more soon.