Skip to main content

ESPN's Prediction For Tonight's 49ers-Packers Game

Green Bay Packers wide receiver Davante Adams catching a pass.

GREEN BAY, WI - OCTOBER 15: Davante Adams #17 of the Green Bay Packers catches a pass for a touchdown in front of Greg Mabin #26 of the San Francisco 49ers during the second half at Lambeau Field on October 15, 2018 in Green Bay, Wisconsin. (Photo by Stacy Revere/Getty Images)

Today has been a rather lackluster Sunday of NFL football, but we've got a chance at a strong conclusion. Tonight's Sunday Night Football matchup is a bonafide showdown.

The 8-2 Green Bay Packers travel to Santa Clara to take on the 9-1 San Francisco 49ers in a battle of two teams in the running for the top seed in the NFC. The Packers have won five of their last six games, while the 49ers didn't lose their first game of the season until two weeks ago.

Both teams have outstanding defenses and running games, while Aaron Rodgers gives the Packers an edge at quarterback. On paper, this game should be highly-competitive.

ESPN has unveiled its prediction for 49ers-Packers. The computer likes the home team.

San Francisco has a 60.8 percent chance of winning, according to the FPI. Green Bay's chances sit at 38.9 percent, with a small (0.3 percent) chance of a tie game.

Tonight's game will kick off at 8:20 p.m. ET on NBC.

If San Francisco wins, they will have the best record in the NFC at 10-1. But if the Packers get the W, there will be a four-way tie at the top of the NFC between Green Bay, the 49ers, the Seahawks and Saints.