Despite the fan base begging for Jameis Winston to start this Sunday, Saints head coach Dennis Allen announced earlier this week that Andy Dalton will continue to lead the offense.
"We're going to go with Andy," Allen said Wednesday. "We discussed it as a staff. I got an opportunity to talk to both quarterbacks, and I feel like right now, Andy is the direction that we want to go."
Dalton has been starting at quarterback for the Saints since their Oct. 2 game against the Vikings. He has 1,559 passing yards, 11 touchdowns and seven interceptions this season.
Winston, meanwhile, has been sidelined with multiple injuries. Although he's not at 100 percent, he wants to be out there competing with his teammates.
When discussing his time away from the field, Winston told reporters Friday, "It hurts my soul."
Winston also said that he's "ready to go." For now though, he'll remain the Saints' backup quarterback.
Prior to getting hurt, Winston had 858 passing yards, four touchdowns and five interceptions.
If the Saints continue to struggle, the coaching staff may hand the offense back to Winston.