College football bowl season is upon us, which means fans across the country are booking flights to unique destinations and grabbing tickets to see their favorite teams wrap up the season.
Bowl season sends teams to places that they will not normally go, from the amazing setting of the Rose Bowl in Pasadena to the northern bowl outpost of the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl in Boise, to the relatively new Popeye’s Bahamas Bowl in Nassau.
While the biggest games will cost a pretty penny, most of them are relatively affordable, if fans can make it to the host cities. Of the nearly 40 bowl games, just five cost $100 or more for the cheapest ticket on Stubhub, as of this writing. Fans can get into 16 different games for less than $20 right now. The cheapest bowl game at the moment: Kentucky vs. Northwestern in the Music City Bowl. Fans of the two different Wildcat programs can get in the door for $6 right now. Not bad for a game in Nashville, which is probably one of the more fun bowl destinations available.The Bahamas Bowl is the only game without tickets available on the secondary market.
However, a number of these games are pretty pricey right now. Here are the 10 most expensive bowl games, based on the cheapest tickets available as of this writing on Stubhub.
10. Cotton Bowl (Arlington, TX): USC vs. Ohio State – $63
9. Pinstripe Bowl (Bronx, NY): Boston College vs. Iowa – $65
8. Fiesta Bowl (Glendale, AZ): Penn State vs. Washington – $70
7. Dollar General Bowl (Mobile, AL): Toledo vs. Appalachian State – $75
6. Liberty Bowl (Memphis, TN): Memphis vs. Iowa State – $95
5. Peach Bowl (Atlanta, GA): Auburn vs. UCF – $100
4. Orange Bowl (Miami Gardens, FL): Miami vs. Wisconsin – $109
3. Sugar Bowl (New Orleans, LA): Clemson vs. Alabama – $270
2. Rose Bowl (Pasadena, CA): Oklahoma vs. Georgia – $297