First and foremost, The Spun is NOT affiliated with any professional franchise or university.
On this page, you will find:
Any information stored on The Spun’s platform is treated as confidential. All information is stored securely and is accessed by authorized personnel only. The Spun implements and maintains appropriate technical, security and organizational measures to protect Personal Data against unauthorized or unlawful processing and use, and against accidental loss, destruction, damage, theft or disclosure.
We only collect limited personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our website. This information allows us to provide you with a customized and efficient experience. We do not process this information in a way that is incompatible with this objective. We collect the following types of information from our The Spun users:
- Information You Provide to Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. The Spun and its authorized agents automatically receive and record certain “traffic data” on their server logs from your browser including your IP address, The Spun cookie information, and the page you requested. The Spun uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyze trends and administer the website. The Spun may collect and, on any page, display the total counts that page has been viewed. Many companies offer programs that help you to visit websites anonymously. While The Spun will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these programs are available.
Visitors collection and use of your Personal Data
If you are a Visitor to our website only, and not a user of our platform, then this section is relevant for you. By visiting this website, you consent to the collection and use of your Personal Data as described herein. If you do not agree with the terms set out herein, please do not visit this website. If required by applicable law, we will seek your explicit consent to process Personal Data collected on this website or volunteered by you. Kindly note that any consent will be entirely voluntary. However, if you do not grant the requested consent to the processing of your Personal Data, the use of this website may not be possible.
Such Personal Data may comprise your IP address, first and last name, your email address, your areas of interest, interest in The Spun content as well as information as to the type of relationship that exists between The Spun and yourself.
The Spun gathers data about visits to the website, including numbers of Visitors and visits, anonymized Geo-location data, length of time spent on the site, pages clicked on or where Visitors have come.
The Spun uses the collected data to communicate with Visitors, to customize content for Visitors, to show ads on other websites to Visitors, and to improve its website by analyzing how Visitors navigate its website. For visitors from the EU, we only work with GDPR compliant service providers. For visitors from the EU, The Spun will ask users for consent before sharing data with the below providers:
- Google Ad Exchange
- Google Adsense
- Google Double Click for Publishers
- Exponential Interactive Inc.
- Telaria, Inc.
- Rubicon Project
- Index Exchange
- AOL Display Marketplace (Oath)
- Just Premium
- USA Today
The Spun may also share such information with service vendors or contractors in order to provide a requested service or transaction or in order to analyze the Visitor behavior on its website. Those vendors are Cloudflare and Bizbudding Inc. Note, Bizbudding Inc. only retains IP addresses and browser information for thirty days and then it is deleted.
The Spun is very concerned about your privacy and we will never provide your email address to a third party without your explicit permission, as detailed in the “Sharing Your Information” section below. The Spun may send out e-mails with The Spun-related news, products, offers, surveys or promotions.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our website are visited and by how many people. The Spun cookies do not collect personal information, and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information to tell us who you are or what your screen name or e-mail address is.
A List Of Possible Cookies One May Encounter On Our Site
Sharing Your Information
Rest assured that we neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone and that we will share your personal information only as described below.
The Spun Personnel: The Spun personnel and authorized consultants and/or contractors may have access to user information if necessary in the normal course of The Spun business.
Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if The Spun, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred.
Syndication: The Spun allows for the RSS syndication of all public content within the The Spun website.
With Your Consent: Except as noted above, we will contact you when your personal information is shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to opt out to prevent the sharing of this information.
Children Under 18 Years of Age
You must be 13 years and older to register to use the The Spun website. As a result, The Spun does not specifically collect information about children. If we learn that The Spun has collected information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. We recommend that minors between the ages of 13 and 18 ask and receive their parents’ permission before using The Spun or sending information about themselves or anyone else over the Internet.
Visitors located in the European Data Region
For Visitors located in the European Data Region, all processing of Personal Data is performed in accordance with privacy rights and regulations following the EU Directive 95/46/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 24 October 1995 (the Directive), and the implementations of the Directive in local legislation. From May 25th, 2018, the Directive and local legislation based on the Directive will be replaced by the Regulations (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of Personal Data and on the free movement of such data, known as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and The Spun’s processing will take place in accordance with the GDPR.
Visitors located in the US Data Region
For Visitors in the The Spun US Data Region, The Spun processes data solely in data centers located in the US. The Spun has adopted reasonable physical, technical and organizational safeguards which substantially mirror the EU safeguards against accidental, unauthorized or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure, access, use or processing of the Visitor’s data in The Spun’s possession. The Spun will promptly notify the Visitor in the event of any known unauthorized access to, or use of, the User’s data.
The Spun processes Personal Data both as a Processor and as a Controller, as defined in the Directive and the GDPR:
- The Spun adheres to the Directive of 1995 and the GDPR from May 25th, 2018.
- All data collected by The Spun Visitors through blogs will be stored exclusively in secure hosting facilities provided by Bizbudding. The Spun has a data processing agreement in place with its provider, ensuring compliance with the Directive. All hosting is performed in accordance with the highest security regulations. All transfers of data internally in the EEA is done in accordance with this data processing agreement.
In the case of a personal data breach, the controller shall without undue delay and, where feasible, not later than 72 hours after having become aware of it, notify the effected parties unless the personal data breach is unlikely to result in a risk to the rights and freedoms of natural persons. 2Where the notification to the is not made within 72 hours, it shall be accompanied by reasons for the delay.
Your Rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act
After January 1, 2020, users in the state of California and those whose information we receive from our Service running in California have certain legal rights to obtain information about whether we hold personal information about them, to access personal information we hold about them, and to obtain its correction, update, amendment or deletion in appropriate circumstances. Some of these rights may be subject to some exceptions or limitations. We will respond to your request to exercise these rights within a reasonable time (and in all cases within 30 days of receiving a request).
Californian users have the following data protection rights:
- the right to “opt out” of allowing anyone to sell their personal information to third parties (or, for consumers who are under 16 years old, the right not to have their personal information sold absent their, or their parent’s, opt-in);
- the right to have The Spun delete their personal information, with some exceptions; and
- the right to receive equal service and pricing from The Spun, even if they exercise their privacy rights under the Act.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
The Spun plans to sign the IAB’s Limited Service Provider Agreement as well.
The Spun does not collect personal information regarding your website visit, but our third-party partners may in order to provided a better site experience or serve personalized ads. Users have the opportunity to opt out of the sale of their personal data via our consent management platform Sourcepoint.
If you’re a California resident and you would like to opt out of the sale of your personal data, please click below.
Retention and Deletion
The Spun will not retain data longer than is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws or regulations. For Visitor data, visitors have control of the purpose for collecting data, and the duration for which the Personal Data may be kept.
If you’re a former writer or contributor to The Spun and you’d like your personal data deleted, please email [email protected]
If you’ve signed up for one of our sports email newsletters, we have your email address and potentially your name and the locations from which you’ve opened the emails. If you’d like to unsubscribe from our newsletters or have your data deleted, please contact us at the Privacy Matter email address below.
Conditions of Use
With respect to The Spun and matters relating to privacy and data protection. We can be reached at the following address:
- The Spun Attn: Privacy Matter
- [email protected]
- 1-866-I-OPT-OUT (Service Code 752)
Please email us if you would like your personal data deleted.
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by The Spun, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website is available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old.
- Responsibility of Contributors. If you operate a blog, comment on a blog, post material to the Website, post links on the Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, “Content”), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence towards individuals or entities, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- your content is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, other blogs and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;
- your content is not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company. For example, your work or name is not the name of a person other than yourself or company other than your own; and
- you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by The Spun or otherwise.
- By submitting Content to The Spun for inclusion on this Website, you grant The Spun a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting this blog. If you delete Content, The Spun will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the Website, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable.
- Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, The Spun has the right (though not the obligation) to, in The Spun’s sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in The Spun’s reasonable opinion, violates any The Spun policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in The Spun’s sole discretion. The Spun will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
- Responsibility of Website Visitors.The Spun has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, The Spun does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. The Spun disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
- Content Posted on Other Websites.We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which TheSpun.com links, and that link to TheSpun.com. The Spun does not have any control over those non-TheSpun websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-TheSpun website or webpage, The Spun does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Spun disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-The Spun websites and webpages.
- Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy.As The Spun asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by TheSpun.com violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify The Spun. The Spun will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. The Spun will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of The Spun or others. In the case of such termination, The Spun will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to The Spun.
- Intellectual Property.This Agreement does not transfer from The Spun to you any The Spun or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with The Spun. The Spun, TheSpun.com, the The Spun logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with TheSpun.com, or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of The Spun or The Spun’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any The Spun or third-party trademarks.
- Advertisements.The Spun reserves the right to display advertisements.
- Changes. The Spun reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. The Spun may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Termination. The Spun may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your TheSpun.com account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- Disclaimer of Warranties.The Website is provided “as is”. The Spun and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither The Spun nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
- Limitation of Liability.In no event will The Spun, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to The Spun under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. The Spun shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- Indemnification.You agree to indemnify and hold harmless The Spun, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
- Miscellaneous.This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between The Spun and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of The Spun, or by the posting by The Spun of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of the state of New Jersey, U.S.A., excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in New Jersey. Except for claims for injunctive or equitable relief or claims regarding intellectual property rights (which may be brought in any competent court without the posting of a bond), any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be finally settled in accordance with the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service, Inc. (“JAMS”) by three arbitrators appointed in accordance with such Rules. The arbitration shall take place in New Jersey, in the English language and the arbitral decision may be enforced in any court. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and attorneys’ fees. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; The Spun may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.