Skip to main content

ESPN Releases Prediction For Alabama-Auburn

Alabama receiver Jerry Jeudy and an Auburn defensive back dive for a pass.

TUSCALOOSA, AL - NOVEMBER 24: Jamel Dean #12 of the Auburn Tigers nearly intercepts this pass intended for Jerry Jeudy #4 of the Alabama Crimson Tide at Bryant-Denny Stadium on November 24, 2018 in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. (Photo by Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images)

Rivalry Week is here. Incredibly, the college football regular season is just about over.

As always, Alabama-Auburn will be one of the most anticipated games of college football's final weekend. The Tide need to win to finish 11-1 and then hope the chips fall in their favor, enabling them to reach the College Football Playoff.

As for Auburn, nothing would make Tigers fans happier than to see their team end Alabama's playoff hopes for good. A win for AU would leave the Tigers with a 9-3 record, giving them a chance at a 10-win season in their bowl game.

ESPN has released a prediction for the Iron Bowl, using its FPI. Alabama is the favorite, but the computer is giving Auburn a decent chance of pulling an upset.

According to the FPI, Alabama has a 65.7 percent chance of winning. Auburn, meanwhile, has a 34.3 percent chance of winning.

Alabama-Auburn will kick off at 3:30 p.m. ET Saturday on CBS.

Alabama is 8-4 against AU under Nick Saban, though the Tigers did win the last time they met on "The Plains" two years ago.