Skip to main content

ESPN's Final Prediction For Auburn-Texas A&M Game

A photo of the 12th man sign in Texas A&M's football stadium.

COLLEGE STATION, TX - NOVEMBER 17: The crowd cheers on their team as they play the Sam Houston State Bearkats at Kyle Field on November 17, 2012 in College Station, Texas. (Photo by Bob Levey/Getty Images)

No. 8 Auburn is in for a big-time test on Saturday afternoon. The Tigers are on the road to face No. 17 Texas A&M and the "12th Man." This will be a pivotal SEC matchup.

Bo Nix is facing his first true road test in his young collegiate career. While Auburn's opening game versus Oregon was a neutral site, it was much closer to a home game for Auburn considering the proximity to Alabama.

Will Nix be able to handle the crowd noise and pressure? So far, he's played composed and made big plays when required. But the Aggies present a whole different challenge.

Texas A&M put up a good fight versus the Clemson Tigers — albeit in a 24-10 loss. The Aggies are looking for their first big win of the season.

With just a few hours remaining before the game, ESPN's Matchup Predictor is predicting a close game.

The Matchup Predictor is liking the Aggies in this one — Texas A&M is given a 54.1% chance to win. As a result, the Tigers have a 45.9% chance to win. 

The spread is anticipating a close game as well. Texas A&M is just a four-point favorite.

This game is setting up to be one of the best of week four. Can the Aggies take down the Tigers?

Or will Nix lead Auburn to another impressive victory?

Auburn and Texas A&M kicks off at 3:30 PM ET on CBS.