With National Signing Day now over, the 2020 recruiting classes are almost all finalized. There were a number of late surprises, but ultimately the Georgia Bulldogs came away as the biggest winners.
247Sports named Georgia as the No. 1 recruiting class in the nation for the Class of 2020. It’s the second time in three years that the Bulldogs have earned the distinction.
But it was a hard-fought victory. Alabama, Clemson, LSU and Ohio State all put together strong classes of their own.
Here are the 10 best 2020 recruiting classes, per 247Sports:
- Georgia: 25 commits – Four 5-stars, 15 4-stars
- Alabama: 25 commits – Four 5-stars, 17 4-stars
- Clemson: 23 commits – Five 5-stars, 12 4-stars
- LSU: 24 commits – Three 5-stars, 14 4-stars
- Ohio State: 25 commits – Three 5-stars, 14 4-stars
- Texas A&M: 26 commits – Two 5-stars, 13 4-stars
- Auburn: 26 commits – 16 4-stars
- Florida: 25 commits – One 5-star, 17 4-stars
- Texas: 19 commits – One 5-star, 14 4-stars
- Tennessee: 23 commits – 13 4-stars
For nearly all of 2019, it appeared that Clemson would produce one of the greatest recruiting classes ever assembled in 2020. But fast-forward to today and the team that once seemed poised to land as many as six or seven five-star recruits sit at third in some national recruiting rankings.
That’s not necessarily any fault of Clemson, so much as the impeccable job that Georgia and Alabama did.
Kirby Smart and Nick Saban each landed at least 19 recruits rated as four-star prospects or better.
Speaking of the SEC giants, the Southeastern Conference was very well represented in the top ten. Seven of the top ten teams hailed from the SEC. Only one team represented the ACC, Big Ten and Big 12.
Georgia may have won the recruiting class, but will they be able to translate their strong recruiting into a trip to the College Football Playoff this year?
You can view 247Sports’ full team rankings here.