The NFL Combine is in full swing, and Friday afternoon, a number of position groups took their turn running the 40-yard-dash. Most running backs performed well, and one - former Georgia star Keith Marshall - stole the show.
Marshall officially clocked in at 4.31 seconds - according to NFL.com - far faster than former San Jose State RB Tyler Ervin's 4.41, the second-best score. Former Alabama star - Heisman Trophy winner Derrick Henry - posted an impressive 4.54. Ohio State's Ezekiel Elliott came in at 4.47.
">@FootballUGA's Keith Marshall can fly.
— NFL Network (@nflnetwork)
— NFL Network (@nflnetwork) February 26, 2016
">February 26, 2016
Here are the scores for all 15 participants:
1. Keith Marshall - Georgia - 4.31
2. Tyler Ervin - San Jose State - 4.41
3. Kenyan Drake - Alabama - 4.45
4. Daniel Lasco - California - 4.46
5. Marshaun Coprich - Illinois State - 4.47
5. Wendell Smallwood - West Virginia - 4.47
5. Ezekiel Elliott - Ohio State - 4.47
8. CJ Prosise - Notre Dame - 4.48
8. Josh Ferguson- Illinois - 4.48
10. Deandre Washington - Texas Tech - 4.49
11. Derrick Henry - Alabama - 4.54
11. Paul Perkins - UCLA - 4.54
11. Brandon Wilds - South Carolina - 4.54
14. Kenneth Dixon - Louisiana Tech - 4.58
15. Alex Collins - Arkansas - 4.59
Thus far, specialists, offensive linemen and running backs have participated in the event. We'll see if any of the wide receivers can knock off Marshall.